The second beta release of Kororaa 15 (codename “Squirt”) has been released and is available for download, in 32 and 64 bit with KDE 4.6 and GNOME 3.
This release fixes the black screen issue that some users were reporting, as well as having the desktop theme customisations for KDE (as well as GNOME) correctly applied. The usual Kororaa goodies apply.
- Tweaked KDE 4.6 and GNOME 3 base systems
- Third party repositories (Adobe, Chrome, RPMFusion, VirtualBox)
- Firefox 5 as the default web browser (with integration tweaks for KDE)
- Firefox extensions included (Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Xclear)
- Microblogging client (Choqok for KDE, Gwibber for GNOME)
- Full multimedia support (excluding Flash, see next)
- Installer for Adobe Flash, AMD/ATI and NVIDIA video drivers
- Video editor (Kdenlive for KDE, OpenShot for GNOME)
- VLC as the default media player
- KSplice, for rebootless kernel updates
- SELinux enabled (particularly worthwhile for Flash)
- English (Australian/British) support & dictionaries
- and more..
- Fixed the black screen issue
- Applied custom desktop changes in KDE and 32bit GNOME
- Nothing reported yet..