Gentoo is awesome, but it’s not without its issues. I talked with a representative of the Board of Trustees to find out what they’ve been doing to repair damaged image. While I’m at it, I compare stable package versions in Gentoo with other distros such as Arch, Fedora and Ubuntu.
- Booting Fedora 24 cloud image with KVM
- How to find out which process is listening on a port
- Signal Return Orientated Programming attacks
- TRIM on LVM on LUKS on SSD, revisited
- Running scripts before and after suspend with systemd
- Automatic power saving on a Linux laptop with PowerTOP and systemd
- Providing git:// (protocol) access to repos using GitLab
- Mirroring git repositories (to GitLab)
- Configuring Postfix to forward emails via localhost to secure, authenticated GMail
- Permanently setting SELinux context on files
The Just another Linux geek archives for the gentoo tag.