Gentoo is awesome, but it’s not without its issues. I talked with a representative of the Board of Trustees to find out what they’ve been doing to repair damaged image. While I’m at it, I compare stable package versions in Gentoo with other distros such as Arch, Fedora and Ubuntu.
- Introducing Pharlap, our new driver manager replacement for Jockey
- Korora 20 (Peach) beta released
- Only use lua in %pretrans, not shell
- Korora 19.1 released
- Fixing GNOME 3 freezes on SandyBridge and later Intel graphics
- ZDNet on Korora 19, “If you make the effort to try it, you are likely to love it.”
- Korora 19 (Bruce) released
- Why does yumdb include packages I haven’t explicitly installed?
- How to list packages you have explicitly installed using yum
- Korora 19 (Bruce) beta is out
The the blog of Chris archives for the gentoo tag.