Yesterday we released Korora 19.1 which is a 3 month update to the original 19 release. Anyone already running Korora doesn’t need this, however if you are planning do any more installs we highly recommend downloading this new release as it includes all updates, a few tweaks and fixes a number of bugs. This release also includes versions of the MATE and Cinnamon desktops which we’ve created to gauge community interest.
The 19.1 release features:
- All updates at time of release, including; KDE 4.11, kernel 3.11.2 and Firefox 24
- Introduces support for MATE and Cinnamon desktops
- Replaces rawtherapee raw image editor with darktable
- Includes lzma compression, fonts-tweak-tool and gnome-documents
- Fixes a systemd bug where the installer sometimes won’t start
MATE is a fork of GNOME 2, so if you’re pining for the old days and GNOME 3 isn’t your cup of tea, this may be for you.
Cinnamon is a fork of GNOME Shell and implements a more traditional layout with modern technology on top of GNOME 3.
Thank you to our community members who have helped to make this release possible.