Update: There is a bug on some machines where X doesn’t start. See the blog entry for details and work around. Sorry about that, I’m working on a new Beta release.
The first beta release of Kororaa 15 (codename “Squirt”) has hit the mirrors, and is available for download, in 32 and 64 bit with KDE 4.6 and GNOME 3.
The GNOME 3 desktop has a custom theme applied, as well as several extensions to provide an enhanced user experience.
Updated to Fedora Remix 15, it comes with the usual Kororaa extras out of the box:
- Tweaked KDE 4.6 and GNOME 3 base systems
- Third party repositories (Adobe, Chrome, RPMFusion, VirtualBox)
- Firefox as the default web browser (with integration tweaks for KDE)
- Firefox extensions included (Adblock Plus, Flashblock, Xclear)
- Microblogging client (Choqok for KDE, Gwibber for GNOME)
- Full multimedia support (Flash installable)
- Video editor (Kdenlive for KDE, OpenShot for GNOME)
- VLC as the default media player
- KSplice, for rebootless kernel updates
- Installers for Adobe Flash, AMD/ATI and NVIDIA video drivers
- SELinux enabled (particularly worthwhile for Flash)
- English (Australian/British) support & dictionaries
- Updated Fedora Remix 15
- Customised GNOME 3
- KDE: The Kororaa changes to the desktop (like custom application menus) have not been applied, so it has the default layout. However, Firefox is still the default browser and VLC the default video player, etc.
- GNOME: The 32bit version does not have the desktop changes applied, so it has the default theme and layout (64bit is correct). You can use the GNOME Tweak Tool to enable the file manager to control the desktop, and enable the custom desktop theme. Sorry about that!