They call it Latitude ON, a hardware module with a:
Cell phone processor with its own unique operating system.
What it really is, is an ARM based mobile device running Linux. Booting in just 2 seconds, it looks like a great little interface which quickly provides access to the web and more.
* Instant access (about 2 seconds) to business information (E-mail, calendar, contacts, Internet browser & Citrix Receiver client)
* MS Exchange integration or POP e-mail Access
* Always on/connected – the module continues to run regardless of the state of the main OS
* Ability to view MS Office and .pdf document attachments
* Long battery life (about 17 hours on a 6-cell battery)
* Designed for the future with upgradable infrastructure (flash-based software updates)
I wonder if you can download the source code somewhere..